500 N. Broadway, Ste 1605, St. Louis, MO 63102 (314) 276-1681 Prices Vary Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Louis - 4.9 stars - based on 49 reviews
Cagle Law Firm
Attorney Zane Cagle

Posted on February 23rd, 2009,
by Zane Cagle

Attack is Strike Two for Bulldog

Posted on February 23rd, 2009 by Zane Cagle

In 2004, when a young man went over to his friend’s home to watch a movie, he had no idea what was waiting for him. Upon entering the house, the family’s American bulldog attacked him, going straight for his face. The victim’s injuries called for 128 sutures and resulted in permanent and disfiguring damage to his face.

This month, the bulldog- ironically named Prince Charming- attacked another boy as he rode his bike in front of the same home. According to 10-year-old victim, the dog bit his arm and prepared to attack again before he escaped and rode home. The unprovoked dog attack has become the second and final strike for the county’s Animal Services who say the dog will most likely be euthanized.

When the incident initially happened, the owner went straight to the victim’s home and apologized saying that her dog had never done anything like that before. It wasn’t until after she left that the father learned what happened years ago to the first victim He immediately called animal control because, fearing the dog would hurt another child.

A spokeswoman for Hillsborough County Animal Services stated that the department is pushing for a permanent removal of the dog from the home. The owner was arrested and charged with culpable negligence and reckless disregard of a dog’s propensity to bite.

Talk to a St Louis Dog Bite Attorney Today

It is the responsibility of every pet owner to take the necessary precautions to prevent an animal attack. Therefore, if the pet does bite and injure someone, its owner is held responsible and may be required to pay for medical bills. If you have been injured by someone’s pet, call St Louis dog bite lawyer Zane T. Cagle today! Our legal team is available 24/7 for a free consultation, please call 1(314) 276-1681