Cagle Law Firm
Attorney Zane Cagle

Posted on February 6th, 2009,
by Zane Cagle

Hospital Renovations Stir Up Mold, Cause Death for 3 Children

Posted on February 6th, 2009 by Zane Cagle

In a recent wrongful death suit filed in Florida, three families allege that a hospital renovation project exposed their children to mold while being treated for cancer. As a result, all three of the children died from fungal infections within months after the renovation began.

According to a Florida newspaper, the three children- ages 2, 5, and 9- were being treated for acute lymphoblastic leukemia, which is a cancer of white blood cells. One of the children was still fighting the disease, the other two were considered in remission, when they all developed fungal infections during their stay at the pediatric oncology ward at the Florida hospital. At the time, the hospital was in the middle of renovations of the outpatient area just one floor below where the three children were treated.

Since the children were already susceptible to infections, the lawsuit claims that the hospital’s failure to properly seal off the renovation area to keep dust and airborne fungi out of the air conditioning system put the patients in danger. All three of the children died within one month.

It is an unfortunate reality that when a hospital is negligent or an organization makes a mistake that causes injury or death, it is inevitably the families of the victim that suffer. If you have lost a loved one because of the intentional or accidental actions of another, you should not hesitate to seek legal counsel. The loss of a loved one is painful enough, but the St. Louis Wrongful Death Attorneys of Page Cagle law firm can help you get the attention and compensation you deserve. Contact Zane T. Cagle at 1(314) 276-1681.