Missouri Car Accident FAQ

Home /  Missouri Personal Injury FAQ /  Missouri Car Accident FAQ

I’ve been injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault. What should I do?

It is very important that you speak with a Missouri car accident attorney immediately. The sooner you speak with a lawyer, the sooner he or she can start researching your case and your accident in order to maximize your chances of receiving partial or full compensation for your medical bills and property damage. You deserve the best medical attention in order to heal and put this accident behind you. Attorney, Zane Cagle, can help you.

What should I do after an accident?

After an accident you can expect to be disoriented and upset at the very least. It is a very traumatic experience, especially if you have been severely injured. It is very important to make sure that you are medically cared for first and foremost. After you have received the proper medical care, you need to get the name, address, phone number, insurance information and driver’s license number of the other party or parties involved in the accident. If there is any other information that you think is important, get that too. It is better to err on the side of caution. Don’t insist that an accident was your fault even if you believe that to be true because investigation may prove that the other driver or drivers were at more fault than you were. A St. Louis car accident attorney at The Cagle Law Firm can help you through this process to ensure that your rights are upheld. Don’t hesitate to contact The Cagle Law Firm at any point in your accident process – the earlier, the better.

What is auto product liability?

If you are driving and a defective product causes an accident, then you might have an auto product liability case. The St. Louis auto product liability attorneys at The Cagle Law Firm have helped their clients recover a combined total of tens of millions of dollars in auto product liability cases. It is really important to have a competent and experienced legal professional on your side in cases of defective products. The Cagle Law Firm has the intimate familiarity with auto product liability that you need in order to maximize your chances of a positive outcome.

What is a bad faith claim?

If your insurance denies you a claim for no reason that is listed in the policy or if your rights are infringed upon by the company’s actions, then you might have a bad faith claim. An insurance company can’t simply deny you coverage if you haven’t violated the terms of your policy. That is extremely unjust. A Missouri insurance bad faith attorney at The Cagle Law Firm can help you through this situation. Insurance policies are often extremely confusing to read and understand and the lawyers at The Cagle Law Firm have years of experience in dealing with the complex language and legal implications of insurance policies.

I was in an accident with a commercial vehicle. Do I have rights?

You absolutely have rights to receive compensation for your injuries and property damage if you were involved in an accident in which the commercial vehicle driver was at fault. It is almost always much more difficult to deal with a company’s insurance policy after a crash. However, the St. Louis commercial accident attorneys at The Cagle Law Firm have years of experience in helping victims of commercial accidents recover damages. Don’t fight this alone. The Cagle Law Firm attorneys will stand up for you and your rights.

I was in a car accident some time ago and I didn’t think I was hurt. Now I am in pain. Is there anything I can do?

There is a statute of limitations in the state of Missouri for personal injury cases. If you don’t file within 5 years of the accident occurring, then you no longer have the right to file a suit forever after that. If you feel that your pain is due to the negligence of another person in the accident you were involved in, you can always speak to an attorney at The Cagle Law Firm. The St. Charles car accident attorneys have years of experience in all types of vehicle accidents and personal injury cases throughout the state.

What if I don’t live in St. Louis?

The Cagle Law Firm handles cases throughout the entire state of Missouri. No matter where you live, you deserve the best legal representation in order to help you recover damages for your injuries. The Missouri personal injury lawyers at The Cagle Law Firm have dedicated themselves to providing victims of vehicle accidents with the legal assistance and advice that they need.

What if I can’t meet with the lawyer because of my injuries?

That will never be a problem when you are dealing with Attorney Zane Cagle and the legal team at The Cagle Law Firm. No matter where you are located, your lawyer will be able to travel to your location to meet with you where you will be most comfortable. You have just experienced a traumatic injury and you can’t be expected to risk your health – however, you do still deserve the best legal representation. You can count on The Cagle Law Firm to provide you with legal assistance.

I was injured in a car accident caused by an uninsured driver. Do I have any recourse to pay my medical bills?

After a collision caused by an uninsured motorist or underinsured motorist, your uninsured motorist policy should cover your bodily injuries up to the limits of your policy. All auto insurance policies sold in Missouri and Illinois are required to include protection against uninsured motorists. Your uninsured motorist policy will pay for your bodily injury, but not damage to your vehicle. In some cases, you may have to file a first party claim against your insurance company if they refuse to honor the terms of your policy. An experienced car accident attorney can advise you.

A drunk driver caused a car crash that injured several members of my family in St. Louis, Missouri. The St. Louis police are prosecuting the drunk driver. But my family has a stack of unpaid medical bills. How do I get those paid?

Whether in St. Louis, Missouri or parts of Illinois, it’s important to understand that DUI victims who are injured by an alcohol-impaired driver can file a separate civil lawsuit to recover monetary compensation for injuries and damages in a drunk driving accident. DUI victims have a legal right to seek compensation for a personal injury caused by the negligence of another person. A knowledgeable St. Louis car accident attorney can review your accident and answer your questions.

The Highway Patrol charged the driver who caused the collision that injured my husband with careless and imprudent driving. My husband hasn’t been able to return to work since the accident. Do we have any legal options?

Reckless driving is treated as a serious offense in Missouri and Illinois The state will prosecute the reckless driver, but that won’t help you pay your medical bills. Your husband will need to file a separate civil lawsuit seeking to recover damages from an accident caused by reckless driving, including compensation for medical bills and lost wages. An aggressive St. Louis reckless driving injury lawyer can assist you in pursuing your claim.

The young driver who caused the car accident was focused on his cell phone and didn’t see my car. The at-fault driver’s insurance company is not being cooperative. What should I do?

Many vehicle accidents in Missouri are caused by cell phone use. Sending text messages while driving is particularly dangerous and is illegal for drivers under age 21. Drivers who send text messages while driving jeopardize the safety of other motorists. If a driver who was texting while driving caused an accident resulting in serious injuries to you, you have a legal right to hold the driver and their insurance company accountable for your injuries. You may have to file a lawsuit to show them you’re serious. An experienced Missouri car accident attorney can obtain the phone records of the at-fault driver and pinpoint whether they were talking on the phone at the time of the accident. This can provide strong evidence in your legal claims against the at-fault driver and their insurance company..

I was seriously injured in a multi-vehicle accident in St. Louis. The police said I was partially at fault and another driver was also at fault. Is it possible the other driver’s insurance will help cover my medical bills?

Yes, it is possible to obtain compensation for your injuries even if you are partially at fault in a car accident. It depends on the degree of responsibility for the accident. Missouri uses a pure comparative fault standard to determine compensation for injuries from car accidents. An injured motorist may recover damages from another at-fault driver in Missouri, even if the injured motorist was primarily at fault. Meanwhile, Illinois law stipulates you may recover damages as long as you are not at least 51 percent responsible for the accident. A St. Louis comparative fault injury attorney can examine the specifics of your accident and explain your legal options for recovery if you are partially at fault.

I was seriously injured in a multi-vehicle accident in St. Louis. The police said I was partially at fault and another driver was also at fault. Is it possible the other driver’s insurance will help cover my medical bills?

If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a car accident in Missouri or Illinois, contact a skilled St. Louis car accident lawyer to answer all your questions. At The Cagle Law Firm, we are ready to evaluate your car accident free of charge and explain your legal options. It is your legal right to seek compensation for injuries you suffered in a car accident caused by the fault of another driver.

Contact Us Today

The Cagle Law Firm serves accident and injury clients throughout St. Louis and the greater St. Louis metropolitan area, including the eastern Missouri and southern Illinois communities. If you or a loved one needs legal assistance with your personal injury case, call The Cagle Law Firm at (314) 276-1681 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation.


Case Results


Schedule your FREE CONSULTATION today by contacting us at (314) 276-1681 or by sending us an email through the online contact form.

Contact Us Today

Request Your Free Consultation

Fields marked with an * are required

I Have Read The Disclaimer*
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © 2024 The Cagle Law Firm. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer | Site Map | Privacy Policy

Digital Marketing By rize-logo